I offer several fixed-rate packages for common design projects, but I am also more than happy to work on projects that do not fall into any of these categories. Send me an email with your project idea, and I’ll let you know whether it’s within my skill-set, and if so, my best estimate of the cost.
Logo design: $750
A good logo should tell your clients who you are as a business at a glance. A logo is the start of a solid visual identity, the foundation on which all other materials are built. The logo design process is, by necessity, iterative. This means it involves several opportunities for choices and feedback, to ensure that you get a logo you are happy with. While every project is different, the logo design process often looks roughly like this:
- Problem definition and design brief (in person or Skype meeting): what is your business like? What do you want in a logo?
- 1st round: I’ll send you three or more rough designs to choose from or pick aspects of each, and you’ll suggest changes.
- 2 to 3 additional rounds: options based on feedback from previous rounds
- Logo approval: once you’ve decided on a design and I’ve made any last changes you want, you’ll let me know that you’re happy with the logo before I get everything ready to hand off to you.
- Project wrap meeting: we’ll meet one last time to wrap up; final payment may be exchanged for the high-resolution files at this point, or the files may be sent electronically once payment has been made.
During the feedback rounds, meeting in-person or over Skype often helps speed up the process, although detailed feedback over email can also work.
This package also includes the option of purchasing up to two typefaces, if needed for the design. This means that if the logo needs to fit into an existing branding scheme (for instance, creating a logo for a sub-organization at an educational institution), the logo-type, if any, can be made to match in style.
Single-sided business cards: $150
Single-sided design plus 250 business cards printed in full colour on matte paper.
The blank back of the card allows you to write additional information on your cards as you hand them out.
Design only (you handle the printing): $110.
Double-sided business cards: $200
Double-sided design plus 250 business cards printed in full colour on matte paper.
A double-sided design allows you twice as much space for customization.
Design only (you handle the printing): $150.
Basic website: $500
Website design with up to four pages including optional blog, built on the WordPress platform. Once the design is complete, you will be able to edit the website yourself, through the WordPress visual interface. Basic instruction in using this interface is included in this package. Cost includes domain name registration (.com or .ca) and hosting for one year. Beyond the first year, you are responsible for domain name registration costs (generally approximately $10 to $15 yearly); hosting will be charged at $10/year. This packages does not include e-commerce.
Complete branding package: $1500
This package includes the logo design process, a basic website, letterhead (paper and envelope designs), and 250 business cards. It also includes a visual identity document detailing fonts, colours, and layout for use in the creation of additional materials.
I can accept cash, cheque, credit card (through Stripe), and Interac e-transfer®. I will also accept equivalent value payment in goods and/or services in some cases, but this must be negotiated in advance of starting work on a project.